UNIVERSAL KNEE JOINT SUPPORT STABILIZING KNEE CAP
It is made of innovative ACTIV PREN fabric, characterized by softness and elasticity which guarantees very good fitting to the limb. The structure of this material contains perforated neoprene foam covered by polyamide fabrics. The outside layer of the material has self-adhesive properties enabling fitting of the support to every limb. The support is equipped with an anatomically shaped ring perfectly stabilizing the knee cap.
Removes pressure from the muscles of the knee cap, stabilizes the knee cap and its ligaments. Maintenance of stable temperature and elastic pressure results in reduction of swelling, helps in healing of post-injury effusions and hematoma. Provides protection in contact sports.
- pain syndrome of knee caused by injury and degeneration changes
- muscle sprains in the knee joint area
- In case of coexisting varicose vein, previous inflammation of veins, swelling of legs – use of the support is possible only on specifically selected varicose veins knee-height socks or stockings with II* pressure
- In case of skin changes in places where the support touches the skin (abrasions, injuries, skin eczema) the use of the support should be limited – only after a dressing is applied.
Information for patients
- Only properly selected, fitted and used support fulfils its function – incorrect use may cause increase of problems with the joint, skin abrasion, problems with walking, swelling, vein inflammation – instruction regarding use of the support is given by the leading doctor of therapist.
- The support is designed for walking- in case of longer sitting it is necessary to remove it;
- Long term use of the support may lead to decline of thigh muscles – it is advised to do regular exercise to strengthen the thigh muscles;
- In case of swelling of shin or foot reduce the time of use of the support and contact the leading doctor- usually it is necessary to use the stockings e.g. varicose veins;
- Skin must be clean – no kind of cream, poultice, ointments etc should be used before the application of the support.
- Wrong maintenance of the product, insufficient washing and rinsing may lead to skin abrasion, rushes, allergic reactions connected with excessive sweating under the support
- Hand-wash in warm water and soap in 30° temperature
- RINSE THORUOGHLY
- Do not iron
- Do not use chlorine
- Dry far from the sources of heat